Sunday, January 6, 2013

Unglued Moments


Unglued:  Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions
By:  Lysa TerKeurst

Publisher:  Zondervan Publishing
ISBN #:  0310332796
Pages:  192

I picked up this book as a part of a group Bible Study I was a part of.  This is the second book I have read from this author and I will say that Mrs. TerKeurst does not disappoint.  The subject of this book surrounds the issue of our emotions and how these emotions can control us.  I know every woman can relate to this subject.  Who hasn’t had an unglued moment where your raw emotions are set upon the world around you?

Lysa TerKeurst writes with such honesty about the unglued moments of our lives and how we can turn those moments around.  She writes about making ‘imperfect progress’ in how we deal with our raw emotions and gives hope that our reactions can improve.  To help us on the journey to ‘imperfect progress’, Lysa outlines five steps that will aid in improving our unglued emotions and reactions.  Also, there is a section that explores the type of reactor you are: an ‘Exploder or a Stuffer’.

This book is an excellent and insightful read.  Let me know if you have read this book; I would love to know what your thoughts are.

Happy ReadingJ

No comments:

Post a Comment