Sunday, September 27, 2015

Jaded

Jaded
Author:  Varina Denman
Publisher:  David C. Cook
ISBN #:  9781434708373
Pages:  336

This is the story of Ruthie Turner, a young woman greatly affected by circumstances in her life.  When Ruthie was a young girl she was shunned along with her mother from their church.  Since this occurrence, Ruthie struggles with the townspeople, has lost her faith in God, and dreams of leaving the town for college.  In the midst of Ruthie’s world, enters in Dodd Cunningham and his family as the town newcomers.  Dodd is a refreshing addition to the town and has a tremendous impact on Ruthie and her family.

This is Varina Denman’s debut novel and I can honestly say that I cannot wait for her next one.  Ms. Denman writes the characters so well; Ruthie’s character is told with such fluidity that I felt that I was experiencing Ruthie’s life alongside of her.

If you are looking for a great fiction read, I recommend picking up this book.  There is a great message within these pages I would not want you to miss.



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment